Monday, May 6, 2013

Digital Imaging Final Production Log


Alyssa Hess
Digital Imaging Final
Production Log

I have been fascinated by cell animation ever since I was kid, since old Disney movies were done that way. The original idea I had for my project was to do my own 2D animation of a cat sleeping, waking up, chasing a mouse, and then going back to sleep. However, due to the time constraints, I had to change my concept. The new concept I came up with wasn’t terribly different but the new sequence involved the same cat sleeping, waking up because of a buzzing fly, sneezing, and then falling back asleep again. Unfortunately, I knew little to nothing about animation before starting this project, so I researched Robert Crumb, a cartoonist popular in the 60s and 70s to get a better understanding of the artistic processes and styles that go into animation. In order to create my final project, I first drew 84 slides by hand using micron pens. I traced over each image I drew, very slowly adding in new movements and actions to avoid choppy end footage. From there, I scanned in my images to Photoshop so I could edit them and make them the same. This would be vital in putting together the final project. Then I uploaded the images using Photoshop’s animation tools and included sound effects. Finally, I exported the file and rendered the video. Fortunately I didn’t encounter too many problems while during my project and I was very pleased with the end result, though if I had had more time, I would have wanted to make the animation less choppy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment